Troia Resort, Carvalhal (Blue Coast/Costa Azul), Portugal
Troia Golf Championship Course is an 18-hole, par 72 course, 6.317 metres alongside the beach with a magnificent sea view. Designed by the American golf architect Trent Jones Senior, Troia Golf Championship Course has been considered, since its opening, one of the best courses in Europe. Robert Trent Jones Senior selected hole 3 of Tróia's golf course as one of the best he has ever designed, and included it in his ideal 18-hole course. Also noteworthy — Hole 18 is a par 5 left dogleg, with an elevated green and protected by three front bunkers.
Facilities: Clubhouse, changing facilities, restaurants, terrace, reading lounge, indoor lounge, panoramic room (private room). The indoor lounge and the terrace are equipped with a lift, direct access to the break room and private restrooms.
In the south of the building, the lounges and eating areas include ample terraces which offer an incomparable view of the Troia Golf Championship Course. Particularly, of holes 1, 18 and the lake.
Practice Facilities: • Practice course
• Two putting greens
• One chipping green
One Academy hole, where you can practice shots up to 70 metres
Tournaments: • European Senior Men's Team Championship | 2011
• European Amateur Championship Men | 2002
• European Boys Team Championship | 1985
• Open Portugal | 1983
• European Ladies Team Championship | 1981
Awards and Accolades: Troia Golf Championship Course has been considered, since its opening, one of the best courses in Europe:
• Troia Golf was elected one of the World's best golf courses by Rolex in 2011, and it currently features in the guide The Rolex World’s Top 1.000 Golf Courses.
• Golf World magazine rated Troia Golf as the 32nd best golf course in Western Europe, in 2011.
• The Peugeot Golf Guide, in all biannual editions, has presented Troia Golf as one of the 1000 best European golf courses.