Panorama view to the sea from Oitavos Dunes Golf Club
Oitavos Dunes Golf Club
Cascais, Estoril Coast, Portugal
Set amongst pine woods and reforested dunes, in an area of great natural beauty, Oitavos Dunes lies within the Sintra-Cascais Natural Park. It was designed by Arthur Hills, whose goal was to create one of the finest golf experiences in Europe. Encompassing three distinct landscape forms — umbrella pine forests, dunes, and open, coastal transition areas, the course takes advantage of all three zones. There are distant views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Sintra Hills from every hole. This course was the first golf course in Europe to be recognised as a Gold Certified Signature Sanctuary, an environmental certification award by the American Audubon International. Oitavos Dunes is considered the 55th best course in the world by GolfMagazine.
Short game area (double green with a variety of sand bunkers, farirway and rough area for approach, chipping and pitching practice); covered driving range (300 metres long with 5 target greens), tuition (range building, video lessons room, north end of driving range for professionals for teaching only with 1400 square metres of grass), restaurant with outdoor decks overlooking 18th green, clubhouse, locker rooms.
Private lessons and Private on course lessons for 1-3 persons.
Accolades and Awards:
• Being the only Portuguese course on the Top 100 Golf Courses of the World, by Golf Magazine, where it ranks 55th, Oitavos Dunes is naturally considered the Nº 1 Golf Course in Portugal
• Oitavos Dunes achieved Platinum Club® of the World status in 2015 (5-star private clubs).
• Host to Portuguese Open (European PGA Tour event), 2009 (winner: Michael Hoey)
• Host to Portuguese Open (European PGA Tour event), 2008 (winner: Gregory Bourdy)
• Portuguese Open (European PGA Tour event) , 2007 (winner: Pablo Martin)
• Ladies European Tour 2006 (winner: Stephanie Arricau)
• European Seniors Tour 2006 (winner: Carl Mason)
• Portuguese Open, European PGA Tour 2005, 2006 (winner: Paul Broadhurst)
GPS Coordinates: 38° 42,02. 57. N
9° 27,53. 13. W