This par 71 Robert Trent Jones designed course is set in a private estate of 110 hectares. It is wooded with pine trees, has flat terrain, many bunkers and a number of lakes.
It combines the challenge of a course created by a specialist architect with the beautiful surrounding scenery, with the Atlantic Ocean and the Mountain of Sintra mountains encompassing the players in a course that is as much a moment of absolute pleasure and tranquillity as an unforgettable experience for the golfer.
Near the main entrance of the hotel, close to holes 1 and 10 teeing ground, there is a practice area surrounded by pine trees, which ensures tranquillity and concentration for the players.
The idea is to put into practice the dream of Robert Trent Jones whenever he builds one of his 500 or so golf courses scattered across more than 35 countries: “The Sun never sets on a Robert Trent Jones golf course!”
Feature Holes on Quinta da Marinha Golf:
• Hole 3, Par 4: This is one of the most famous holes in Portugal, with wonderful views to the Atlantic Ocean. Its photo was used for many years to promote “Golf in Portugal” abroad.
• Hole 4, Par 3: Played over a natural ravine to a demanding green.
• Hole 13, Par 3: Played over a lake to an elevated green, which is well protected with 4 bunkers.
• Hole 18: a beautiful Par 5 with two lakes. All shots have to be well thought out to make sure you are not penalized by water.
Tournaments: • Challenge Tour Venue, 2007
• Estoril Open (PGA Tour Event), 2002
• Quinta da Marinha Ladies Masters (European Professional’s Women’s Circuit), 1988
Facilities and rentals:
Caddies, trolleys, club and shoe cleaning. Driving range, Pitching area, Putting green, Equipment rental , Professional classes and clinics
Men 28, Ladies 36
GPS coordinates: Latitude 38° 42' 14.40" N
Longitude 9° 27' 30.00" W