Meia Praia, Lagos (Algarve) Portugal Official Rating: 4 star Vila Gale Hoteis
The Vila Galé Lagos hotel, located on the Meia Praia beach area, opened in April 2009. Portuguese fashion inspired the Vila Galé Lagos hotel’s decoration, with some renowned Portuguese designers participating, including Ana Salazar, José António Tenente and Miguel Vieira. Vila Galé Lagos Hotel has a spa, an outdoor pool, two restaurants and two bars (including pool bar). This hotel is a short drive to the historic town of Lagos
with its bustling shops and vibrant night life and close to 8 golf courses.
HOTEL CLOSURE: 1 November 2020 - 31 March 2021. Reopening 1 April 2021.
Service: B&B, HB, FB or All-Inclusive.
All Vila Gale Hotels will have the Clean & Safe label, issued by the Portuguese Tourism Board. And they will follow a a very strict operating plan in accordance with the recommendations of the Directorate-General for Health (DGS) and the World Health Organization (WHO), focusing on three fundamental aspects:
• Reinforce cleaning and disinfection measures;
• Ensure the availability of personal protective equipment;
• Safeguard the required social distancing.
This plan will be adapted according to how the pandemic evolves and to any new rules defined by law.
Every room is equipped with the following:
• Air conditioning system
• Direct telephone
• Private bathroom with telephone
• Hair dryer
• Electronic safety door lock
• LCD TV Screen
• Cable TV
• Fax/Modem Connection
• Free Wi-Fi
• 24•hour room service
Facilities & Services:
• Outdoor pool for adults and children
• Nep Kids Club
• Open-air spaces
• Internet Wi-Fi access in public areas (free service)
• Garage (3€/day)
• Parking space
• Laundry service
• Wheelchair access ways
• Business Centre
• Convention centre with business meeting rooms
• Satsanga Spa
• Restaurant Versátil
• Restaurant Inevitável
• Fashion Bar
• Pool Bar
Menu: Breakfast, Half Board, Full Board or All-Inclusive board options are available at this hotel. All-inclusive consists of breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
Restaurants & Bars:
Vila Galé Lagos has 2 restaurants and 2 bars available for both the hotel customers and also for the general public all year long.
Restaurant Versátil: It is the hotel’s main restaurant and it offers a buffet service at breakfast (7:00 to 10:30 a.m.), at lunch, during the summertime (12:00 to 3:30 p.m.), and dinner (7:00 to 10:00 p.m.).
Restaurant Inevitável: The Inevitável brand is also present in Vila Galé Lagos, offering a à la carte service at lunch, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m., and at dinner, from 7:00 to 11:00 p.m.
Fashion Bar: It is located near the hotel lobby and it is open from 10:30 a.m. until midnight, during winter, and from 5:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m., during summer.
Pool Bar: The Pool Bar is open during summer from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. It backs up the drinks and snacks service during the hotel’s busiest time.
Wellness & Spa: The Satsanga Spa includes dynamic indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna, Turkish bath, Vichy shower, rooms for massage and treatments, and a gym.
Open from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and has the following access costs:
• Adults: €11.00, with access to the dynamic indoors pool, jacuzzi, sauna, Turkish bath and gym.
• Children aged up to 12: Free access as long as they are accompanied by an adult, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For the youngest guests, the hotel includes one of the largest kids clubs (Nep Club) with fun activities and entertainment for children. In terms of sports, children can use tennis courts, putting green and a multi-sport field.
For the business segment, this hotel offers a convention centre with a 550 people capacity and every infrastructure and service required for holding events.
This is a non-smoking hotel.
• Night life
• Sites of historical interest
• Nautical sports:Windsurf, Kitesurf, Surf, Bodyboard, Water ski, Parasailing, Water scooter, Kayaks, Sailing and Pedal Boats
• Diving Centre: Diving classes – Several levels (PADI), First-time Diving and Visits to the Algarve subaquatic museum “Ocean Revival”
• Internship Centre (Lagos sports centre): Grass field, Running Track and Indoor Pool
• Sightseeing Boat: Visiting the caves, Dolphin route and Recreational fishing
• Jeep Rides
• Pedestrian and boat photo tour
• Karting (Algarve International Circuit)
• Track days
• Taxi Experience (Algarve International Circuit)